Your privacy is important to us. When running ThankView, we follow a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for information that by itself can be used to identify you (for example, your name, email address, postal address, or phone number) (collectively, “Personal Information”) unless we truly need it. That being said, what we do ask for is used to enable us to provide you with amazing customizable thank you messages. We talk more about what information we require below.
- We’re not a huge, faceless corporation. We’re just normal people trying to make something great.
- We don’t share your Personal Information with third parties except to comply with the law, make ThankView better, protect our rights, or in the event of a business transfer.
- We don’t store Personal Information on our servers unless required for the on-going operations.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
How You Accept This Policy
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect a variety of Personal Information, including:
- Your first and last name and email address when you register for a ThankView account or update your profile (either an individual account or business account);
- Your email address if you sign up for our mailing list to receive news about ThankView and special offers;
- Credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor, as described below), billing address, and shipping address if you subscribe to ThankView; and
- Other information requested from Third Party Services (defined below) that you explicitly give us access to.
We may also collect a variety of Non-Personal Information, including:
- De-identified information, including specific message information shared on the platform, such as: the date of your messages, how the messages were shared, and the amount of messages you sent; and
- Various analytics data including: (i) the IP address of the computer you use to access our Site; (ii) the type of browser software you are using; (iii) the operating system you are using; (iv) the date and time you access or use our Site; (v) the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site; (vi) the website address, if any, you travel to after leaving our website; and (vii) other non-personally identifiable traffic data.
How We Collect Information
When You Provide Us With Information to Make a Purchase
If you purchase Credits (as defined in our Terms of Service) to send Video Greeting Cards, we may request certain Personal Information in order to complete your purchase. This may include contact information such as your name, email address, and physical address. We also collect information about the recipients of your Video Greeting Cards, such as their names and email addresses.
We, or companies that provide services on our behalf, may also collect certain financial information from you, such as your payment method (this may include valid credit card number, type, expiration date, or other financial information). By making a purchase through ThankView, you give us consent to use and provide your financial information as we consider necessary to process the transaction.
Information We Automatically Collect
Like most websites, ThankView incorporates technology such as "pixel tags," "web beacons," and "cookies." Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in emails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email. Cookies (not to be confused with the sugary treat) are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website.
In order to improve and grow ThankView, we also use analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to automatically collect information about user and visitor usage (collectively “Analytics Tools”). These Analytics Tools collect data such as how often you visit ThankView, what areas of the Site you visit, and what other sites or services you used prior to using ThankView.
Analytics Tools generally operate differently. For example, Google Analytics only collects the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit ThankView, not your name or other identifying information. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your computer to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. As of right now, we only use the information we get from Analytics Tools to improve our Site and do not combine the information collected through the use of Analytics Tools with Personal Information. However, we reserve the right to do so in the future.
Communications You Initiate with Us
We do everything possible to make sure you have an amazing experience on our Site. If you contact us in person, by phone, email, or by some other means (either through our Site or through a Third Party Service), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference (to help improve our Site and service to you).
How We Use the Information We Gather
We primarily use the information we collect and store to enhance ThankView. Except if we sell all or a portion of our business, or as otherwise described below, we do not rent, trade, or sell your Personal Information.
Use to Provide Our Site to You
We use Personal Information to create an awesome experience. Some ways we may internally use your information include to:
- Facilitate the buying or selling of licenses to use music and design themes;
- Provide, maintain, administer, or expand ThankView and deliver to you information that you request;
- Respond to correspondence that we may receive from you;
- Perform business analyses or support, improve, or enhance ThankView or other products and services we offer;
- Send you ThankView-related information (through email or otherwise) such as updates, special offers, and changes to certain legal documents, or content that we think will interest you based on your preferences;
- Contact you when necessary or requested;
- Customize and tailor your ThankView experience; or
- Prevent, detect, and investigate security breaches or potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
Aggregated Personal Data and Non-Personal Information
We may share or disclose aggregated Personal Data or Non-Personal Information with service providers, or with other persons we conduct business with. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated Non-Personal Information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons, and cookies with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Site. When doing so, we do our best to ensure that any aggregated information cannot be linked back to you.
Agents or Third-Party Partners
We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers, and designees ("Agents") to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- Payment processing;
- Website-related services such as web hosting;
- Improvement of website-related services and features;
- Maintenance services; or
- Development of new services.
Protection of Us and Others
ThankView will retain your data for the life of our services. If you delete your account, we may retain some Personal Information that you have provided to us in order to maintain the Site for other members or to comply with relevant laws.
We are especially sensitive about children's information. We’re not a site targeted towards children and we don’t knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you learn that a child under the age of 13 has used ThankView, created a member account, or provided us with Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Choice As A User
Once your ThankView member account profile has been created, you can review and revise that information by visiting your profile page at https://thankview.com/account/my-account. If you have any problems, you may also contact us at email@example.com.
Protection of Personal Information
The security of the information you provide is extremely important to us. We employ several physical and electronic safeguards to keep your information safe, including encrypted user passwords and securing all connections with industry standard transport layer security.
If you log into your account on a shared computer, be sure to sign out of your account when finished. If you believe a third party has access to your account, you must let us know as soon as possible.
Even with all these precautions, we cannot fully guarantee against the access, disclosure, alteration, or deletion of data through events such as, but not limited to, hardware or software failure or unauthorized entry or use.
Online Tracking and How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Online tracking is the collection of data about an individual’s Internet activity used to deliver targeted advertisements and for other purposes. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If an online service elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the service may refrain from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including ThankView, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
Changes to This Policy
Your Rights as a California Resident
Residents of California have the right to request from us certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information we share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request should specify your full name and the email address you used when submitting Personal Information to us.
International Users and Visitors
For any additional questions, email us at email@example.com.
189 Schermerhorn St. 3G
Brooklyn NY 11201
Effective Date: September 3, 2016