The stars in the Recipients section of the Metrics page represent your Client Engagement Scores. Client Engagement Scores are calculated by an algorithm that takes into account how much a recipient interacts with their ThankView.
You can export this data and see how each recipient is scored.
The score is based on several stats:
- Sends - The number of ThankViews the person has received from you.
- Opened - The number of times this recipient opened the email you sent.
- Watched - Whether or not the recipient watches their ThankView. If they watch it for at least three seconds, it will register as Watched.
- Finished - The number of times the recipient completed watching the video.
- Views - Unlike Watched, which functions as a Yes/No binary, there are no limits to the number of views per video. Recipients will often rewatch a great ThankView! A view is counted as soon as the recipient begins watching.
- Shares - How many recipients shared their ThankView to Facebook.
- Replies - How many times this person sent an email or video reply to the ThankView you sent.
The ThankView Engagement Score allows you to quickly identify your most valuable audience members. We do this by grading every action a recipient can take - from opening their email, to how many times they watch, to whether they reply or not - and so on. Our algorithm then weighs these actions based on their ability to determine a wanted value, which can include the likelihood to give or attend an event or spread the word about a cause. The more you interact with your audience, the more predictive the Engagement Score gets.
The engagement score is cumulative across all campaigns. If a recipient hasn't opened a message, it won't penalize them until after 48 hours so that the system will give them some time to see the message.